Saturday, October 13, 2012

♥ HALLOWEEN CLASSICS

CURRENT MOOD: Excited! For new Halloween Movies!

Okay by now you all know I love Halloween but I also love animated movies, in lieu of Halloween I wanted to do a post about the Halloween movies from my childhood that always help to get me into the HALLOWEEN SPIRIT! On a side note though... 

I can't wait to see Frankenweenie and Hotel Transylvania! 




THE HALLOWEENTOWN SERIES
  • Halloweentown
  • Halloweentown II: Kalabar's Revenge
  • Hallloweentown High
  • Return to Halloweentown
I literally have watched this series every year since I was a kid... Basically the movies follow the Cromwell children as they develop their powers with the help of their mother and grandmother. I wont go into any more detail than that so I don't spoil it for anyone, but it is for sure a family oriented movie! 

I do have to say though I much preferred the original main character of Marnie Cromwell, played by Kimberly J. Brown as opposed to Sara Paxton in the final movie of the series. I hate when the main characters change! Sheesh!


BEETLEJUICE 
  • Beetlejuice
Okay... so I will always love the movie Beetlejuice, it isn't necessarily a Halloween movie but it still has many spooky aspects!  It is creepier than the other movies so I would probably stick to slightly older children. The premise of the film is that a couple of newly weds who are recently deceased contract the services of a "bio-exorcist" in order to remove the obnoxious new owners of their home.


THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS 
  • The Nightmare Before Christmas
I love Tim Burton's writing style, probably because it seems to always be on the spooky side of things... but every movie he writes it becomes one of my favorites and this one is no exception! I could have done an entire post about Tim Burton but who would really want to read that! Haha! The concept of the movie is that the main character Jack Skellington, king of Halloweentown, discovers Christmas Town, but doesn't quite understand what it is! It is a very spooky animated movie! Seriously love it!


THE ADDAM'S FAMILY
  • The Addams Family
So the Addam's  Family is a classic film from the 90's and while I'm sure everyone knows them too by now the basic premise of this movie is that con artists plan to fleece the eccentric family using an accomplice who claims to be their long lost Uncle Fester. The family soon realizes that the person is not actually the real Uncle Fester!




THE HARRY POTTER SERIES
  • Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
Classic right? A Halloween Spirit movie post mentioning Harry Potter... I actually really did enjoy the Harry Potter series and while again it isn't a Halloween based film it does deal with aspects of Halloween... witches and wizards... by now I'm sure most people know what the film is about so I won't go into it, but on the plus side it will keep you entertained for HOURS!


TWITCHES SERIES
  • Twitches 
  • Twitches Two
This one is a good family oriented Halloween movie series as well, it focuses on two twin witches separated at birth who come back into each others lives in the human world. Again this is a family movie with nothing very scary involved, it is a pretty simple premise but a cute movie all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment